The 5Rhythms® is a simple, powerful moving meditation that anyone – of any age, size, or physical ability - can practice. There are no steps to follow, no choreography to learn, no way to do it wrong. The only requirement is a body that is still breathing, a heart that is still beating, and mind that is still curious!
The teacher can use music, examples and exercises to co-create a meditation practice based in movement. The 5Rhythms are a resource, a means back to our center, our core, our knowing of ourselves. Simply by moving our bodies through these distinct rhythms we empower ourselves to discover and remember who we are.
Article in Vogue October 2012
- FLOWING – the fluid, continuous, grounded glide of our own movements
- STACCATO – the percussive, pulsing beat that shapes us a thousand different ways
- CHAOS– the rhythm of letting go, releasing into the catalytic wildness of our dance that can never be planned or repeated
- LYRICAL – the rhythm of trance, where the weight of self-consciousness dissolves, where we lighten up and disappear into our own uniqueness
- STILLNESS – the quiet emptiness, where gentle movements rise and fall, start and end, in a field of silence
*Taken from The Moving Center School.